In our Business we follow the UN Global Compact's ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption.
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Our Business principles can be described by the Drivers we define for the Sustainable development of Slovenske Elektrarne:
- Safety – „zero accident“ goal and strong safety culture;
- Stakeholders – we are driven by stakeholders expectations;
- Reliability – safe and secure operations as a priority;
- Results – processes driven by concrete and measurable achievements;
- Governance and Oversight – transparency and systemic approach;
- Growth – increase in installed capacity and operational excellence;
- Innovation –a driver of competitiveness;
- Environment – responsible operations minimizing negative impact on environment;
- People – people are the most valuable asset;
- Citizenship – enhanced commitment to society, building trust.