Design of Mochovce 3&4
3 x 100%
every safety system has two full scope back-ups
Mochovce 3&4 design is based on proven and well-consolidated pressurized water reactor (PWR) technology and includes up-to-date technological developments and safety improvement measures.
Design modifications were approved by the Nuclear Regulatory Authority of the Slovak Republic. The upgraded plant design meets or even exceeds current international safety requirements and is comparable with nuclear power reactors currently under construction in the EU.
The most important modifications are:
- systems for severe-accident management
- the latest commercially available digital technology for Instrumentation and Control
- improvement of the units’ seismic resistance
- enhancement of the fire protection system
- the design includes the best operational practice
Mochovce 3&4 project was also reviewed by an independent international Safety Board of six leading international nuclear safety experts. A positive opinion about Mochovce NPP Units 3&4 was also expressed by the European Commission within the framework of the Euratom Treaty.